Does anyone else find this kind of bizarre? Not that it's okay to do so, but that people want to dress up chickens for Halloween!
The Center for Disease Control said in a media statement that it is perfectly healthy to dress up your chickens or Halloween. However, it is advised that you handle your chickens with care.
The CDC said follow these tips for dressing up your chickens:
- Always wash your hands after touching chickens or anything in the environment. Use running water and soap, and use alcohol-based sanitizer if you don't have instant access to a sink.
- Keep your chickens outside and never let them inside your home.
- Don't eat or drink in areas where the chickens live or roam.
- Don't kiss or snuggle with your birds, and don't touch your face immediately afterward.
- Children under 5 years old should not be in contact with chickens - young children are more likely to get sick because of their developing immune systems, and more likely to put their fingers or pacifiers and other items in their mouths.